All applicants seeking to become a member of the North Lake County EMS System from outside Region X will be required to complete the North Lake County EMS written exam consisting of questions that are specific to the Region X Standard Operating Procedures. After successfully completing the written exam with a score of 80% or better, applicants from outside Region X will undergo a practical exam that will test their knowledge of appropriate skills referenced in the Region X Standard Operating Procedures.
lease contact the North Lake County EMS office at (847) 360-2117 to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions or concerns.
Applicants scheduled for System Entry must bring the following documentation at the time of testing:
- Completed EMS Personnel Data Form
- Copy of current Illinois State EMS license
- Copy of both sides of current CPR Card
- Copies of both sides of any current advanced certifications held (ACLS, PALS, ITLS, PHTLS, PEPP)
- Copy of Driver’s license. The copy must be completely legible for photo and driver’s license number.
- Letter of Good Standing from applicant’s current EMS System. For applicants within Region X, verification of successful completion of the Region X Standard Operating Procedure exam should be indicated on the letter and, in this case, the candidate will not need to take the SOP exam again.
- Copies of all continuing education hours acquired in entry applicant’s current re-licensure period
- Verification of a completed background check from current employer on employer’s letterhead. If applicant is not currently employed, a background check will be conducted at the expense of the applicant and coordinated through the North Lake County EMS office.
Note: If a candidate has above documents on file with the North Lake County EMS already and is testing to add a level (paramedic or CCT), we ask that they provide the documents again to make sure our records are complete.
Materials to assist with System Entry Written Exam
Materials to assist with System Entry Skills Testing
- EMTs will be tested on the following practical skills:
- Paramedics will be tested on the following skills: